11 June 2011

Carnations

June 11 2011
~
I Decided to take a few photos of
some of my
moms carnations today.
Let me know what you
guys think. ;D
I'm only semi happy with the ones
with the hand
holding the flowers.
It wasn't easy holding the
flowers
artistically and keeping the camera steady.
Boom let me borrow her fake
diamond ring a
little way into the
photo shoot.
I thought it made for
an interesting story for
the photos.Sepia seemed to work best, in my opinion.
I love the color to this
carnation.
I have an obsession with ribbon I never
get enough of it.
On the other photos I upped the
contrast on them. However I liked
this one so much I didn't feel it needed
any editing. So I only resized it.







5 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Air!! I think the first one is my very favorite--how your hand is out of focus in the background and the carnation is so detailed it looks like it could come out of the picture! The last one is a great still life composition. Is that a wedding ring? It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, sorry, I just read the part about Boom's fake diamond ring. XD Teaches me to read carefully first before commenting! It looks very real, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the complement Mylla! It's always nice to hear from a talented photographer such as your self. ;D

    Hehe! When I showed the pictures to my mom she was so confused, she also thought it was a real ring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think, of these, the third and final shots are my favorites. The monochromatic look does good things for the shots, to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The second and last photo are my two favorites. I like the color in the second, Love the last cause of the hidden story it tells.

    ReplyDelete